Come work at the good times factory!
At MAG we have a firm belief that the key to producing great games is teamwork and trust. We are about 90 friendly people working in our offices in Stockholm and Brighton. Each team owns its respective game and decides on how best to proceed in development. This way, everyone at MAG feels valued and has the opportunity to make a great impact and get a lot of ownership within a positive environment.
In order to drive innovation and learning within the company, we have monthly hackathons during which everyone in the company comes together to learn new things, work on side projects, develop game concepts, and/or build prototypes for new games. We believe that happy people with the freedom to flex their creativity make great entertainment, and this is how we nicknamed ourselves The Good Times Factory. Making great games should be fun, and we encourage that!
You will work on the new hit game Wordzee! in our Brighton office.
Check-out Wordzee! here: https://www.maginteractive.com/games/wordzee/
Wordzee! was launched in November 2019 and since then the game’s results have surpassed even our hopes and expectations! You will help the team to create the magic that delights millions of players around the world by keeping the game scalable and bug free with clean, maintainable code. You will work closely with artists and designers to create tooling for in-game events, over-the-air updates and cool new features that players will love.
While you will be focussed mainly on our tech stack, our game team sizes are fairly small which means you’ll be exposed to other challenges within the role. We hope you’ll enjoy working with people across multiple disciplines to facilitate them in their work, multiplying their efforts and helping to create a code base and environment that is fun to work in.
- Work with with our Technical Lead to help define the technical requirements of Wordzee!
- Collaborate with game artists and developers to help improve the workflows and processes of creating Wordzee! across the board.
- Suggest ways to improve the asset pipeline and other Unity tooling.
- Keep up to date with new tools and features in Unity.
- Work closely with both your team and external stakeholders such as marketing, server and BI.
- Be self-motivated and take the initiative with regards to problem-solving.
- Be a team player who appreciates giving and receiving feedback.
- Participate in the full development process from ideation, to live-operations.
- 3+ years using Unity and C#.
- Familiarity with the Unity asset pipeline and how it relates to various asset formats.
- Familiarity with CI tools such as Jenkins, fastlane, bash scripting and the Unity build pipeline.
- A great understanding of design patterns, particularly as to how they relate to writing clean client code.
- Interest and ability to create tools to aide artist and developer workflows.
- Experience working on live game, regarding in-game events, asset management etc.
- Working knowledge of mobile game development (iOS and Android).
- A keen eye for identifying bottlenecks and scalability issues with regards to feature development.
- Excellent communication skills and attitude.
- Fluency in English.
- A love for games!
What we offer
- Generous bonus program
- Flexible work hours
- Company mobile phone and contract
- Gym allowance
- Favourable pension and insurance package
- Private Healthcare
- Learning & development budget per employee for courses and professional development
- Monthly after work socials
We provide a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works at MAG, or with MAG, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, and age.
We are MAG Interactive – a mobile gaming company built on a wealth of creativity and passion. We thrive on creating quality experiences that make our players want to come back for more. And Players agree! Our games have been downloaded more than 280 million times, and we are proud to say that Ruzzle is one of the most played mobile word games ever made.
We are all part of a creative, positive, and trusting environment where everyone has a sense of ownership over their activities and pride in their work. This open and collaborative working culture at MAG is key to our ability to continuously create top-notch games.
Every game released from MAG Interactive has reached a multi-million player base and reached the #1 position in its category in a large number of countries. Wordbrain was selected Best of Google Play and Ruzzle and Ruzzle Adventure were both selected Best Of App Store by Apple and have reached the # 1-word game spot in over 100 countries!