At MAG we have a firm belief that the key to producing great games is teamwork and trust. We are about 90 friendly people working in our offices in Stockholm and Brighton. Each team owns its respective game and decides on how best to proceed in development. This way, everyone at MAG feels valued and has the opportunity to make a great impact and get a lot of ownership within a positive environment.
In order to drive innovation and learning within the company, we have monthly hackathons during which everyone in the company comes together to learn new things, work on side projects, develop game concepts, and/or build prototypes for new games. We believe that happy people with the freedom to flex their creativity make great entertainment, and this is how we nicknamed ourselves The Good Times Factory. Making great games should be fun, and we encourage that!
You will be working in our server team based in our Stockholm head office. Working closely within the team of 6 server developers you will ensure we build smart solutions to be used across all our mobile games.
Our games drive huge traffic on a daily basis and you’ll be exposed to really interesting challenges! Our teams are small and agile which means you are able to work on a range of projects, giving everyone the opportunity to push their own abilities. We are always learning, no matter how many years of experience we have!
A belief in teamwork along with the ability to drive your own workload is key to making all our teams at MAG a success.
- Development of new server logic or maintenance of existing logic
- Supporting a number of passionate game teams in Stockholm and Brighton
- A range of small projects as well as longer term projects in which you are involved in every step
- We practice peer reviews on all code, which is not pair-programmed
- You test your own work, often together with the game teams
- Releasing to Google Cloud and monitoring the production environment is done by the team in a DevOps fashion
- 5+ years of relevant programming experience
- Thorough knowledge of Java
- Experience with cloud services (GCP or AWS) - at MAG we work with GCP
- DevOps experience
- NoSQL and SQL experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or comparable experience
- Excellent communication skills and attitude
- Self-driven and motivated to succeed
- Fluent in English
Nice to have
- An interest in mobile gaming
- An understanding of C# and other programming languages
Perks and benefits
- Generous bonus program
- 30 days annual leave
- Flexible work hours
- Company mobile phone and contract
- Gym allowance
- Favourable pension and insurance package
- Private Healthcare
- Learning & development budget per employee to go towards courses and professional development (30.000 SEK/year)
- Monthly after work socials
At MAG, we love diversity. We encourage all sorts of people to apply!