At MAG we have a firm belief that the key to producing great games is teamwork and trust. We are about 90 friendly people working in our offices in Stockholm and Brighton. Each team owns its respective game project and decides on how best to proceed in development. This way, everyone at MAG feels valued and has the opportunity to make a great impact and get a lot of ownership within a positive environment.
In order to drive innovation and learning within the company, we have monthly hackathons during which everyone in the company comes together to learn new things, work on side projects, develop game concepts, and/or build prototypes for new games. We believe that happy people with the freedom to flex their creativity make great entertainment, and this is how we nicknamed ourselves The Good Times Factory. Making great games should be fun, and we encourage that!
You’ll be working in the core development team here at MAG Interactive, which is the key central team for excellence at MAG. This team is positioned between the game teams and the other central teams such as the server team.
You will be advising the game teams to improve the functionality of their games, you will be designing new systems and iterating on the existing ones to help boost player engagement and you will ensure that the shared libraries across all our projects are running smoothly.
- Focus on Unity and working on shared client-side systems that are integrated into the games.
- Working closely with the server-side team and acting as a bridge between them and the game teams.
- Collaborate with game teams to identify workflow bottlenecks and design solutions
- Create new common tools and systems to be used across game projects
- Continuous optimisation and support of existing systems
- Identify improvements to optimise tools while always keeping the user in focus
- Work autonomously to define your own workload while keeping in mind the team and company objectives
- 3+ years using Unity and C#
- Experience with custom tool creation in Unity and C#
- Experience in optimising game applications
- Deep understanding of software architecture, design patterns and API development
- Experience in writing unit tests and building up test harnesses to ensure the quality and maintainability of the solutions, now and in the future
- Knowledge of mobile development (iOS and Android)
- Excellent communication skills and attitude
- Self-driven and motivated to succeed
- Fluent in English
Nice to have:
- Experience with CI and specific systems such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of Unity UPM or NPM and package registry solutions such as Verdaccio
- Keen eye for detail in what looks and feels good and easy to use
- Professional experience in agile software development
- Built and launched one or more mobile projects on iOS or Android
Perks and benefits
- Generous bonus program
- 30 days annual leave
- Flexible work hours
- Company mobile phone and contract
- Gym allowance
- Favourable pension and insurance package
- Private Healthcare
- Learning and development budget 30,000 SEK per year towards courses, books, professional development etc
- Monthly after work socials
At MAG, we love diversity. We encourage all sorts of people to apply!