Come work at the good times factory!
MAG Interactive is a veteran in mobile gaming, with over 280 million total installs made possible by a small but dedicated team based in Stockholm and Brighton. Every game we've released has reached millions of players, and titles such as Ruzzle and WordBrain have been chosen as Best of Google Play and Best Of App Store by Apple and have reached the #1-word game spot in over 100 countries!
You will be leading the art direction, in Brighton, for one of the teams' recently released games: Wordzee!
Checkout Wordzee here: https://www.maginteractive.com/games/wordzee/
You will define the brand and art guidelines across Wordzee and lead all aspects of graphics, character design, animation and user interfaces. In addition, you will also be responsible for motivating and encouraging the creativity of our exceptional artists in the team!
This position would suit someone who loves working in an agile way within a flat structure. We are a Swedish company where we believe in empowering our team-mates to feel comfortable and inspired to share their ideas!
- Working closely with the product lead, the game designer and the artists you will define eye-catching and innovative brand guidelines for the game and ensure that all content is released to a high standard
- You will love being hands on and have a background in various art styles and tools in order to lead by example
- Managing various relationships within the Brighton and the Stockholm studio will be key to ensuring great team work
- Supporting and inspiring the team to create awesome visuals across; character, events, environments, animation and visual effects
- You will have a passion for data and how customer insights can help to inspire great design
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5 years+ experience in game art
- Have an art direction background within mobile games
- A strong working knowledge of various art tools e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects etc
- Knowledge of Unity
- Excellent conceptual, illustration and design experience
- You have an eye for detail from an artistic perspective especially in animation, character designs, fonts and colour palettes, user interfaces.
- A Love for making games beautiful!
What we offer
- Generous bonus program
- Company mobile phone and contract
- Favorable pension and insurance package
- Flexible work hours
- Learning & development budget per employee to go towards courses and professional development
- Seasonal kick-offs
- Monthly After works
At MAG, we love diversity. We encourage all sorts of people to apply!
We are MAG Interactive – a mobile gaming company built on a wealth of creativity and passion. We thrive on creating quality experiences that make our players want to come back for more. And Players agree! Our games have been downloaded more than 280 million times, and we are proud to say that Ruzzle is one of the most played mobile word games ever made.
We are all part of a creative, positive, and trusting environment where everyone has a sense of ownership over their activities and pride in their work. This open and collaborative working culture at MAG is key to our ability to continuously create top-notch games.