We are excited to have an opportunity for a Lead Unity Developer to join our MAG Interactive Brighton team. You'll be working in a team on the production phase of a brand new green-lit game for MAG! You will be able to get in at the ground level of this new game, take ownership over the build and also the eventual release. The title and style of game is a bit different to the usual MAG puzzle and word game set, so it's a great chance to build something new.
MAG Interactive has a history of creating viral hit games for the global market and we want you to take this new game as far as it can go! You'll be working within a small project team and so it really is all-hands-on-deck to make this game the best it can be. If you love creating the architecture for a game, mentoring others and you have experience in releasing free to play mobile games then this really is the role for you!
- Supporting the team to code and build a global free to play mobile game while keeping in mind the monetisation features required to make the game a success
- Experienced at working well in small agile teams (we have a flat structure so this is key to us)
- Good at communicating within your team as well as with; marketing, server, BI, QA etc
- Self-motivated and takes the initiative for change and problem solving
- Team player who appreciates giving and receiving feedback
- Supporting more junior members of the team through mentoring and coaching
- Taking part in the full development process. From feature design, implementation and launch
- Taking part in our bi-monthly MAG Jams to inspire creativity and new game ideas
- Around 6+ years using Unity and C#
- Working knowledge of F2P mobile game development (iOS and Android)
- Ability to write well-structured code
- Experience working in a client-server environment
- Excellent communication skills and attitude
- Fluent in English
- Passionate about games!
- Proven experience in building and launching one or more mobile games on iOS and Android
- Keen eye for detail around what looks and feels good
Perks & Benefits:
- Generous bonus program
- Company mobile phone and contract
- Favourable pension and insurance package
- Flexible work hours
- £3000 learning & development budget per employee to go towards courses etc
- Opportunity to travel with seasonal kick-offs (in Stockholm and Brighton)
- Bi-monthly MAG Jams
- Weekly Friday lunch with the team
- Monthly after work socials
- Technical equipment of your choice
At MAG we have a firm belief that the key to producing great games is teamwork and trust. Each team owns its respective game and decides on how best to proceed in development. This way, everyone at MAG feels valued and has the opportunity to work on the projects that they love within a positive environment.
In order to drive innovation within the company, we have bi-monthly MAG Jams during which everyone in the company comes together to learn new things, work on side projects, develop game concepts, and/or build prototypes for new games. We believe that happy people with the freedom to flex their creativity make great entertainment, and this is how we nicknamed ourselves The Good Times Factory. Making great games should be fun, and we encourage that!
We’re one of those cool Scandinavian companies you read about, but lucky for you we have an office in the centre of Brighton. Come talk to us!
At MAG, we love diversity. We encourage all sorts of people to apply!