This role is based in our Brighton office, the UK’s games hub by the beach, our teams work together to create and maintain high-quality and successful casual games for millions of players.
MAG’s approach to making multiplayer games for mobile is to allow autonomous teams responsibility for product and development to find success. Allowing teams this responsibility for the game’s roadmap & success means we stand out amongst mobile development studios.
As a Lead Game Developer, you'll be a key part of a team in the production phase of a brand new green-lit game. The style of game is different to usual MAG puzzle and word games, so it's a great chance to build something new. Ideally, we are looking for a team player who strengthens relationships with other disciplines, and can use their experience to help raise the bar of the entire project.
Working in a small team means you will be involved in lots of varied work. Some of them will be:
- Taking part in the full development process including feature design, gameplay, and event design.
- Writing clean and maintainable code to ensure the scalability of the game; contributing to code & feature reviews; and using your experience and understanding to assist others in the team
- Working closely with your team as well as with other important stakeholders like marketing, server, BI, QA
- Contributing to the unique MAG culture including sharing, collaborating in our MAG Jams, and helping to maintain our company values
What we like about you
- You're a 'T-Shaped' developer. You have deep knowledge in one or more areas of software and a wide cross-section in others such as graphics, UI, gameplay, asset management
- You’ve been working with Unity in a professional setting for over 6 years and have a track record of shipping games in Unity
- You are an expert in C# with the ability to write well-structured code and experience working in a client-server environment
- You enjoy working in mobile game development (iOS and Android) and have a good understanding of the mobile platforms. Ideally, you have built and launched one or more mobile games on iOS and Android
- Solid understanding of the life cycle of a game project in terms of development and live operations
- A proven track record of delivering a game from early prototype phase, through to a live game in the wild.
- You are a great team player with excellent communication skills and a friendly, positive attitude
- Demonstrable experience of mentoring more junior developers
- You’ve got a keen eye for detail around what looks and feels good to our players
The MAG Guarantee
- Each team owns its respective game and decides on how best to proceed in development. This way, everyone at MAG feels valued in the projects that they work on within a positive environment.
- We believe that happy people with the freedom to flex their creativity make great entertainment. Making great games should be fun, and we encourage that!
- We value learning and experimentation, and hold bi-monthly MAG Jams where everyone in the company comes together to learn new things, work on side projects, develop game concepts, and/or build prototypes for new games.
- We will give you a learning & development budget per year to go towards courses and professional development
- You will be working in the centre of one of the most vibrant and exciting cities in the UK, and minutes from the beach, with regular opportunities to work with and visit colleagues in Stockholm
- You will be a valued member of the special MAG family & culture
- English is the official language in Brighton and Stockholm so communication is fluid and clear.
Other Perks & Benefits:
- Generous bonus program
- Flexible work hours
- Company mobile phone and contract
- Favourable pension and insurance package
- Private Healthcare
- Learning & development budget per employee to go towards courses and professional development
- Monthly after work socials
We’re one of those innovative Scandinavian companies you read about, and we maintain those values in Brighton. Come talk to us!
We provide a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works at MAG, or with MAG, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, and age.