The role - Senior Unity Software Engineer
This is an opportunity to work with an awesome team of passionate gamers in our Stockholm office (hybrid of course). We have awesome offices in Brighton and Stockholm and we are now looking to grow our engineering team by bringing in a Senior Unity Software Engineer to work on our globally successful mobile games!
Join our dynamic, close-knit team of passionate individuals who are all about driving innovation in game development. You'll champion robust architecture and clean code, ensuring beautifully structured, reusable code across projects. Your expertise will be a guiding light, fostering trust and collaboration in both directions. As you collaborate with game teams, you'll share valuable architecture and organization insights, enhancing long-term sustainability. We're all about building reusable code, saving time and elevating the game development experience. Be part of this exciting journey!
If this sounds like the way you love to work, and you enjoy sharing knowledge/contributing code in order to support and help people, then read on to see if this could be the role for you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing clean and maintainable C# code to ensure the scalability and sustainability of our games for the long-term
- Ensuring all code is well written to allow for reusability
- Utilizing strong architectural principles in new game builds as well as live games (e.g. we are currently using dependency injection, MVC and we are talking more about SOLID principles)
- Contributing to code reviews; and using your experience and understanding to assist and mentor other developers
- Helping to identify and improve the game’s codebase for long term sustainability
- Continuous improvement of the existing codebase and refactoring of legacy code as required
- Working closely with your team as well as with other game teams
- Working closely with the core and game teams to identify and extract reusable code to improve processes
- Sharing your knowledge around sustainable code to other developers across the business
- Contributing to the unique MAG culture including; sharing knowledge, collaborating in our MAG Jams, and helping to maintain our company values (Trust, Transparency and Responsibility)
- You have more than 5 years of experience using Unity and C#
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- You have the ability to write well-structured, clean code - you love to find ways to continuously improve the codebase and refactor code where needed
- You are passionate about building easy to maintain and reusable architecture
- Good understanding of design and architectural patterns such as dependency injection, MVC, GoF design patterns etc
- And good understanding of coding principles e.g. SOLID
- You have a solid understanding in data structures, algorithms and software methodologies
- You are a great team player with excellent communication skills and a friendly, positive attitude. You love to both give and to receive feedback.
- You are self-motivated and proactive and able to take the initiative to bring about change
- You are fluent in English (we have employees from all over the world, so we all communicate in English)
- And most important of all…you are excited to work with games!
Nice to have (but not essential!):
- Native Android or IOS experience is a plus
- Experienced in writing unit tests
- You have experience of working in a client-server environment
- Having been part of coding and launching one or more mobile games