About MAG (in brief!)
At MAG Interactive we make mobile games that feel good. As a part of this fun and dynamic industry, it’s our mission to spread joy to players around the world. With over 350 million downloads globally, we credit our success to our awesome colleagues and we hope you'll join the team!
The Role - Tech Lead
As MAG’s Tech Lead, you will be responsible for steering the technical direction of our game products while helping to build a team of talented developers who will continue to innovate and drive our projects forward.
You will foster a collaborative team environment where everyone feels they are able to contribute to the success of the business. Your strong software skills will mean that you are able to advise and provide support to teams when they have specific challenges, whilst having ownership over the overall engineering culture and related processes.
This is a hands-on technical role and would suit an experienced developer who enjoys working with teams to solve problems. You will have the opportunity to work with various teams across the business, so no day will be the same!
If you enjoy spotting ways to make positive changes, which will impact the tech quality at MAG, then this is the role for you!
- Oversee the codebase of all games under active development.
- Act as a mentor to aid productivity of game teams and ensure high quality.
- Keep an eye out for new opportunities to continuously improve our tech-stack.
- Foster a culture of knowledge sharing through regular developer meet-ups.
- Be the Developer Relations contact with key business partners at Unity.
- Keep teams up to date regarding changes and opportunities from our platform partners.
- Maintain a centralized source of technical information and related processes.
- Conduct all technical interviews for game developer positions.
- Review outsourced projects to ensure high quality delivery.
- Provide mentoring/one-to-ones with developers as needed.
- 6+ years experience of developing games for mobile, in particular with Unity and C#
- Excellent technical knowledge(such as clean code practices, deep expertise of software architecture, quality in all deliverables)
- Strong software engineering experience following best practices
- Confident with various game architecture patterns
- An agile mindset, very familiar with agile game development practices
- Experienced mentor
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Willing to constantly learn and grow further and be open to feedback
- Good interpersonal and team-work skills (fostering a collaborative approach) - relationship building is key to this role!
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Software engineering experience beyond the gaming space
- Native iOS and Android app development experience
- An understanding of CI/CD systems
Perks and Benefits
- Generous company bonus
- Company mobile phone and contract
- Favorable pension and private health insurance package
- Flexible work hours
- Seasonal kick-offs
- Gym allowance
- Generous learning and development budget
- Monthly after works
- Enhanced parental leave
- Company wide carbon off-setting and CSR initiatives
- Regular internal game jams
At MAG, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated and empowered to bring their true selves to work!
Our recruitment processes are designed to prevent bias and discrimination against people regardless of; gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect.
We are MAG Interactive – a leading mobile developer and publisher of casual mobile games built on a wealth of creativity and passion. We thrive on creating quality experiences that make our players want to come back for more. And Players agree! Combined, the Company’s games have been downloaded more than 350 million times. We create a good times factory with a global reach that continues to grow.
We are all part of a creative, positive and trusting environment where everyone has a sense of ownership over their activities and pride in their work. This open and collaborative working culture at MAG is key to our ability to continuously create top notch games.
Every game released from MAG Interactive has reached a multi-million player base and reached the #1 position in its category in a large number of countries. Our games have been selected Best of Google Play, Best Of App Store by Apple and have reached the #1 word game spot in over 100 countries.
MAG Interactive was founded in Stockholm in 2010.