About MAG (in brief!)
At MAG Interactive we make mobile games that feel good. As a part of this fun and dynamic industry, it’s our mission to spread joy to players around the world. With over 350 million downloads globally, we credit our success to our awesome colleagues and we hope you'll join the team!
The Role - Product Lead
This is an opportunity for an experienced product lead to work on new games here at MAG. You will ensure that the game team you work with has a clear vision and strong goals to ensure success.
Strong teamwork and collaboration are key elements of our culture here at MAG and you will enjoy sharing ideas within the team to come to the best solutions. Your strong analytical skills and passion for understanding our players will help you to have an overarching view in relation to the overall state of the game. You will also be the main point of contact in the team to share results to the relevant stakeholders within MAG.
This role would suit someone who enjoys being at the heart of a team where new ideas and creativity abound! You will help to shape the build of a new game through to release.
Communicating vision and goals
- Ensure the game has a cohesive vision and that goals are aligned with the business objectives.
- Have clear visions and goals so that the team, and relevant stakeholders outside of the team, are on the same page to ensure the project is a success.
Planning and managing the roadmap
- Ensure that the team has a well planned roadmap (a visual summary that outlines the direction for the game over time).
- Manage the roadmap with the team so that there are detailed plans for execution for the team members.
- Help the team to prioritize tasks
Overseeing the progress of the product and addressing production issues
- Keep an overview of the state of the product in all development phases - How the team is progressing towards their goals, monitor how KPIs are improving and work with the team to evaluate and refine the development process along the way.
- Address any production issues to stakeholders and ensure the team has the resources they need to deliver on their plan.
Communicating and being the link between stakeholders
- Ensure clear communication with other teams and management
- Keep the studio updated on the progress of the game e.g. through presentations during studio meetings etc
Empowering effective team work and team health
- Be responsible for making team health a part of the regular agenda and that the team uses relevant agile working methods to enable continuous learning opportunities and team collaboration.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Around 5 years of experience of working in the gaming industry
- 3+ years of experience in product management/team lead within games
- Extensive experience from working with games (mobile/console/PC any are interesting!)
- Experienced with project management tools (e.g. Jira/Click-up or equivalent)
- Experienced with roadmap planning, goal setting and driving the vision of a game
- Experienced in building relationships and working with various teams e.g. BI, marketing etc
- You are a passionate problem solver who enjoys working in small teams
- You have the ability to illustrate and explain decisions based on multiple inputs and data sources
- Experienced with in-game economies for F2P games
- Passionate gamer with an interest in mobile games
- A good understanding of player behavior
- Able to analyze the health of a game
Perks and Benefits
- Generous company bonus
- Company mobile phone and contract
- Favorable pension and private health insurance package
- Flexible work hours
- Seasonal kick-offs
- Gym allowance
- Generous learning and development budget
- Monthly after works
- Enhanced parental leave
- Company wide carbon off-setting and CSR initiatives
At MAG, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated and empowered to bring their true selves to work!
Our recruitment processes are designed to prevent bias and discrimination against people regardless of; gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect.
We are MAG Interactive – a leading mobile developer and publisher of casual mobile games built on a wealth of creativity and passion. We thrive on creating quality experiences that make our players want to come back for more. And Players agree! Combined, the Company’s games have been downloaded more than 350 million times. We create a good times factory with a global reach that continues to grow.
We are all part of a creative, positive and trusting environment where everyone has a sense of ownership over their activities and pride in their work. This open and collaborative working culture at MAG is key to our ability to continuously create top notch games.
Every game released from MAG Interactive has reached a multi-million player base and reached the #1 position in its category in a large number of countries. Our games have been selected Best of Google Play, Best Of App Store by Apple and have reached the #1 word game spot in over 100 countries.
MAG Interactive was founded in Stockholm in 2010.