About MAG (in brief!)
At MAG Interactive we make mobile games that feel good. As a part of this fun and dynamic industry, it’s our mission to spread joy to players around the world. With over 350 million downloads globally, we credit our success to our awesome colleagues and we hope you'll join the team!
The Role - UX Designer
You will be integral to the whole company, where you will help to ensure that our games' UX surpasses our players' expectations!
You will work within a team to create smooth and easy to navigate experiences to ensure the game you are working on is a joy to play for everyone!
This position would suit someone who loves working in an agile way within a flat structure. We have a flat organization structure where we believe in empowering our team-mates to feel comfortable and inspired to share their ideas!
You’ll be working in small teams so you’ll be expected to own a big part of the design process: do research and analyze data, create UX artifacts (that will help guide the team).
Check-out our ArtStation to see some examples of our game work work: https://www.artstation.com/mag_interactive/
- Have a strong understanding of player behavior
- Define how our players interact with the game, designing the FTUE, events and new features
- Create documentation with great attention to detail to help guide the work of developers and artists. This includes flows, wireframes, journey maps and storyboards.
- Help define the UX roadmap, research the problem space, analyze qualitative and quantitative data, design appropriate solutions, and validate ideas through testing
- Present your UX work in team meetings and gather feedback
- Create rapid iterative prototypes (click through flows, storyboards, etc)
- Collaborate with artists to define the UI style for the game
- Lead user research and learn from previous insights to understand how our players are interacting with the game
- Work closely with the wider design and development team to ensure features, events and the game interfaces reflect the overarching goals of the game
- Stay up to date with new tools and processes which may add value to the team and MAG as a whole
- Share your subject knowledge with others in the company to help build expertise across the business
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong experience and understanding of game interfaces and mobile games in general
- Strong portfolio of completed game or mobile app UX work
- Experienced in building wireframes, flows and storyboards
- Experience with user research and hypothesis-led user testing
- Experienced with various different softwares, from Figma to Photoshop, Flinto to After Effects - whatever helps you convey and best communicate your work
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment, effectively and comfortably communicating your ideas to the team
- Customer/player obsessed!
- Detail-oriented with a logical, structured approach
- Worked on at least one title within casual mobile gaming or a mobile app
- A love for playing games, especially mobile!
- Knowledge of the Unity game engine is a big plus!
- Experience creating VFX
- Experience creating animation for UI
- Skilled in UI design and creating top quality UI assets (Not essential as this role is mainly focused in UX, but a nice bonus skill!)
Perks and Benefits
- Generous company bonus
- Company mobile phone and contract
- Favorable pension and private health insurance package
- Flexible work hours
- Seasonal kick-offs
- Gym allowance
- Generous learning and development budget
- Monthly after works
- Enhanced parental leave
- Company wide carbon off-setting and CSR initiatives
At MAG, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated and empowered to bring their true selves to work!
Our recruitment processes are designed to prevent bias and discrimination against people regardless of; gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect.
We are MAG Interactive – a leading mobile developer and publisher of casual mobile games built on a wealth of creativity and passion. We thrive on creating quality experiences that make our players want to come back for more. And Players agree! Combined, the Company’s games have been downloaded more than 350 million times. We create a good times factory with a global reach that continues to grow.
We are all part of a creative, positive and trusting environment where everyone has a sense of ownership over their activities and pride in their work. This open and collaborative working culture at MAG is key to our ability to continuously create top notch games.
Every game released from MAG Interactive has reached a multi-million player base and reached the #1 position in its category in a large number of countries. Our games have been selected Best of Google Play, Best Of App Store by Apple and have reached the #1 word game spot in over 100 countries.
MAG Interactive was founded in Stockholm in 2010.