About MAG (in brief!)
At MAG Interactive we make mobile games that feel good. As a part of this fun and dynamic industry, it’s our mission to spread joy to players around the world. With over 350 million downloads globally, we credit our success to our awesome colleagues and we hope you'll join the team!
The Role - Senior Unity Developer (Core Team)
You’ll be working in the core development team here at MAG Interactive, which is the key central team for excellence at MAG. This team is positioned between the game teams and the other central teams such as the server team.
You will build awesome shared tech and tools, which will allow our teams to quickly make updates and improvements to their games.
You will be collaborating with the game teams to improve the functionality of their games, you will be designing new systems and iterating on the existing ones to help boost player engagement and you will ensure that the shared libraries across all our projects are running smoothly. You will also be maintaining critical systems.
- Design and create new systems and tools in Unity that will be integrated in every game project.
- Work closely with other service teams across the company e.g. BI, UA, Marketing and server teams to drive new initiatives.
- Collaborate with game teams to identify workflow bottlenecks and design solutions.
- Continuously maintain and optimise the existing systems while always keeping the end user in mind.
- Identify workflow issues and provide solutions in areas that can be improved. in.
- Work autonomously to define your own workload while keeping in mind the team and company objectives.
- Maintaining critical systems - CI build responsibility.
- 3+ years using Unity and C#
- Experience with custom tool creation in Unity and C#
- Experience in optimisation and performance profiling
- Deep understanding of software architecture, design patterns and API development
- Experience of building quality, scalable and maintainable solutions
- Experience in writing unit tests and building up test harnesses
- Excellent communication skills and attitude
- Self-driven and motivated to succeed
- Fluent in English
Nice to have
- Prior game development experience.
- Experience maintaining CI such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of Unity UPM or NPM and package registry solutions such as Verdaccio
- Professional experience in agile software development
- Built and launched one or more mobile projects on iOS or Android
Perks and Benefits
- Generous company bonus
- Company mobile phone and contract
- Favorable pension and private health insurance package
- Flexible work hours
- Seasonal kick-offs
- Gym allowance
- Generous learning and development budget
- Monthly after works
- Enhanced parental leave
- Company wide carbon off-setting and CSR initiatives
At MAG, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated and empowered to bring their true selves to work!
Our recruitment processes are designed to prevent bias and discrimination against people regardless of; gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect.
We are MAG Interactive – a leading mobile developer and publisher of casual mobile games built on a wealth of creativity and passion. We thrive on creating quality experiences that make our players want to come back for more. And Players agree! Combined, the Company’s games have been downloaded more than 350 million times. We create a good times factory with a global reach that continues to grow.
We are all part of a creative, positive and trusting environment where everyone has a sense of ownership over their activities and pride in their work. This open and collaborative working culture at MAG is key to our ability to continuously create top notch games.
Every game released from MAG Interactive has reached a multi-million player base and reached the #1 position in its category in a large number of countries. Our games have been selected Best of Google Play, Best Of App Store by Apple and have reached the #1 word game spot in over 100 countries.