About MAG (in brief!)
At MAG Interactive we make mobile games. We are so lucky to work in such a fun industry! Our games have been downloaded more than 350 million times all over the world.
We put our success down to the awesome people who work here and we hope you'll want to come and join the family!
The role - Junior Data Analyst
You will help us to continue to make best use of the huge amount of player data we have, to improve our games and to help our teams make better decisions. With more than 2 million data points collected every minute, there’s a vast amount of data to play with!
This is a really impactful role here and through your careful data analysis you will help to shape our games!
You will be responsible for maintaining, designing and implementing data pipelines and dashboards for our games. You will build strong relationships with the product teams and our game designers where you will delve into the data to help them to understand the players, while also helping to provide insights to impact the game and its economy.
You will also conduct research into how we can leverage our rich data collection to add value to the business as a whole.
The team is growing, but it is currently made up of 8 team members. There are 3 data engineers and 5 data analysts.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with product teams to set up in-game tracking, identify tracking issues and leverage tracking data analytics to provide insights.
- Act as the liaison between product, game developers and data engineers to ensure our data is precisely specified, understood and consistent.
- Work together with key stakeholders and the game teams to optimize game economy, evaluate game performance and offer suggestions accordingly.
- Work with the game teams to provide insight into player behaviour using data collected from users and games to answer key business questions.
- Build automated dashboards and reports to facilitate company-wide awareness and understanding of key business metrics and players’ experience.
- Identify errors and solve issues to ensure delivery of accurate metrics related to retention, monetization and user acquisition.
- Ensure we continue to collect and document appropriate data.
- Perform hands-on research, data exploration and analysis to identify strategies to improve engagement, retention and monetization.
- Develop methodologies to improve the in-game user experience such as predicting when users are likely to perform certain actions, churn or monetize.
- Manage multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Excellent SQL skills with experience in querying large, complex data sets. You would consider SQL to be your bread and butter!
- 1 - 2 years of analytical work experience, preferably for a web or mobile company, or in the online gaming industry.
- Experience delivering clean, accurate and understandable data reports, visualization and dashboards.
- You have experience with visualisation tools such as; Tableau, Looker or PowerBI.
- Prior experience performing quantitative analysis for an Internet or technology company.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- You are curious and driven to discover the underlying explanations of things!
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Proficiency in relevant scripting language(s), e.g. Python, R
- True passion for understanding users' social gaming behavior and tolerance for ambiguity
- An understanding of mobile game/app KPIs and the rationale and calculation behind them
Perks and Benefits
- Generous company bonus
- Company mobile phone and contract
- Favorable pension and private health insurance package
- Flexible work hours
- Seasonal kick-offs
- Gym allowance
- Generous learning and development budget
- Monthly After works
- Enhanced parental leave
- Company wide carbon off-setting and CSR initiatives
- Free Swedish lessons (if you wish to learn the language!)
At MAG, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated and empowered to bring their true selves to work!
Our recruitment processes are designed to prevent bias and discrimination against people regardless of; gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect.
We are MAG Interactive – a leading mobile developer and publisher of casual mobile games built on a wealth of creativity and passion. We thrive on creating quality experiences that make our players want to come back for more. And Players agree! Combined, the Company’s games have been downloaded more than 350 million times. We create a good times factory with a global reach that continues to grow.
We are all part of a creative, positive and trusting environment where everyone has a sense of ownership over their activities and pride in their work. This open and collaborative working culture at MAG is key to our ability to continuously create top notch games.
Every game released from MAG Interactive has reached a multi-million player base and reached the #1 position in its category in a large number of countries. Our games have been selected Best of Google Play, Best Of App Store by Apple and have reached the #1 word game spot in over 100 countries.