What it's like to work here
At MAG Interactive we make mobile games, we are so lucky to work in such a fun industry!
Our games have been downloaded more than 350 million times all over the world.
The role - Data Engineer
You will help us to continue to make best use of the huge amount of player data we have, to improve our games and to help our teams make better decisions. With more than 2 million data points collected every minute, there’s a vast amount of data to play with and so much more to unlock!
This is a chance for you to be part of a strong data team here at MAG where you can influence new ideas and solutions. In this role, you will also ensure close relationships with various other teams at MAG.
You will work with the rest of the team to help to improve our data stack in various ways such as; looking at data ingestion, writing validation microservices, improving our data pipeline, utilising batched SQL statements and/or writing dataflow jobs.
All our teams at MAG are on the smaller side, we believe this gives everyone the opportunity to have autonomy and ownership over their areas of responsibility. Our teams are trusted to make decisions which will benefit MAG, we don’t believe in long drawn out decision making processes (we hate red tape!).
The team is currently made up of 8 team members. There are 3 data engineers and 5 data analysts.
What you’ll be doing
- Data ingestion handling using Beam/Spark
- Building data pipelines
- Data modelling
- Helping to maintain and develop a pre-existing Data Warehouse in BigQuery with a SQL-based pipeline (we use Python, Airflow, Terraform)
- Helping our analysts/data scientists to get the data they need from various sources
- Being a great team player
- Being hands on and embedded in daily data decisions
- 2+ years of working as a Data Engineer/Software Engineer or a related role
- Confident in coding data related solutions in at least one language (we use Python, but other languages could be equivalent)
- B.Sc or higher in Computer Science or a related field (preferred)
- Experience of building data pipelines
- Data modelling or ingestion handling experience
- You have worked in a small project team/company in the past where you have had the chance to take your own initiative
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Knowledge of Go, Java or Scala is a plus
- Familiarity with a cloud provider we work with GCP, but experience with AWS or Azure is also interesting
- Event based data experience
- Experienced in working with stream processing
- Experience with; Beam/Flink/Spark, PubSub/Kafka
Perks and Benefits
- Generous company bonus
- Company mobile phone and contract
- Favorable pension and private health insurance package
- Flexible work hours
- Seasonal kick-offs
- Gym allowance
- Generous learning and development budget
- Monthly After works
- Enhanced parental leave
- Company wide carbon off-setting and CSR initiatives
- Free Swedish lessons (if you wish to learn a new language!)
At MAG, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated and empowered to bring their true selves to work!
Our recruitment processes are designed to prevent bias and discrimination against people regardless of; gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect.
We are MAG Interactive – a leading mobile developer and publisher of casual mobile games built on a wealth of creativity and passion. We thrive on creating quality experiences that make our players want to come back for more. And Players agree! Combined, the Company’s games have been downloaded more than 350 million times. We create a good times factory with a global reach that continues to grow.
We are all part of a creative, positive and trusting environment where everyone has a sense of ownership over their activities and pride in their work. This open and collaborative working culture at MAG is key to our ability to continuously create top notch games.
Every game released from MAG Interactive has reached a multi-million player base and reached the #1 position in its category in a large number of countries. Our games have been selected Best of Google Play, Best Of App Store by Apple and have reached the #1 word game spot in over 100 countries.
MAG has offices in Stockholm and Brighton and the company is listed on Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market with the ticker MAGI. FNCA Sweden AB is appointed Certified Advisor to MAG Interactive.
MAG Interactive was founded in Stockholm in 2010.