What it's like to work here
At MAG Interactive we make mobile games, we are so lucky to work in such a fun industry!
Our games have been downloaded more than 350 million times all over the world.
Our aim is to continue to make best use of the huge amount of player data we have, to improve our games and to help our teams make better decisions. With more than 2 million data points collected every minute, there’s a vast amount of data to play with!
The role - Senior Data Engineer
We are growing! The growth plans here at MAG mean that we need to invest in improved structures for all parts of our data and analytics pipeline. Our BI team is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to lead us to a new and exciting phase of our analytics journey. You will support the team by being a hands-on leader who makes architectural decisions to improve our data strategy. We are hoping that you will have had experience of working with other event driven platforms, so you can confidently suggest and architect solutions and strategies to support our goals.
This is a chance for you to shape a brand new data strategy where you will have the opportunity to architect and support the build of new solutions. We are lucky to have a great running platform with good structure, so you won’t be fighting fires, this will be all about setting in place long term great tech to support our future growth.
All our teams at MAG are on the smaller side, we believe this gives everyone the opportunity to have autonomy and ownership over their areas of responsibility. Our teams are trusted to make decisions which will benefit MAG, we don’t believe in long drawn out decision making processes (we hate red tape!).
The team is made up of 6 team members. There are 3 data engineers and 3 data analysts.
What you’ll be doing
- Architecting and planning any necessary steps to solve the demands of the team on an ongoing basis
- Being part of setting the path forward for the coming years’ roadmap for MAG BI/Data infrastructure
- Helping to maintain and develop a pre-existing Data Warehouse in BigQuery with a SQL-based pipeline (Airflow, Terraform, Kubernetes)
- Building pipelines in a streaming framework (Beam/Dataflow) fetching data from sources of different kinds (PubSub, DBs, External API’s, BigQuery)
- Helping our analysts/data scientists get the data they need from various sources
- Being a mentor for less experienced engineers in the team
- Being hands on and embedded in daily-tasks
- 5+ years of working as a Data Engineer or a related role, OR other credentials of professional maturity
- Experience of leading the architecture of a project/projects in an events driven environment
- Stream processing experience
- Extensive experience in architecting data lakes
- Strong knowledge in the above mentioned frameworks/tools or similar
- Comfortable with multiple languages: Python essential
- B.Sc or or higher in Computer Science or a related field (preferred)
- Familiarity with a cloud provider we work with GCP, but experience with AWS or Azure is also interesting
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Knowledge of Java or Scala is a plus
Perks and Benefits
- Generous company bonus
- Company mobile phone and contract
- Favorable pension and private health insurance package
- Flexible work hours
- Seasonal kick-offs
- Gym allowance
- Generous learning and development budget
- Monthly After works
- Enhanced parental leave
- Company wide carbon off-setting and CSR initiatives
- Free Swedish lessons (if you wish to learn a new language!)
At MAG, we love diversity. We encourage all sorts of people to apply!
We are MAG Interactive – a leading mobile developer and publisher of casual mobile games built on a wealth of creativity and passion. We thrive on creating quality experiences that make our players want to come back for more. And Players agree! Combined, the Company’s games have been downloaded more than 350 million times. We create a good times factory with a global reach that continues to grow.
We are all part of a creative, positive and trusting environment where everyone has a sense of ownership over their activities and pride in their work. This open and collaborative working culture at MAG is key to our ability to continuously create top notch games.
Every game released from MAG Interactive has reached a multi-million player base and reached the #1 position in its category in a large number of countries. Our games have been selected Best of Google Play, Best Of App Store by Apple and have reached the #1 word game spot in over 100 countries.
MAG has offices in Stockholm and Brighton and the company is listed on Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market with the ticker MAGI. FNCA Sweden AB is appointed Certified Advisor to MAG Interactive.
MAG Interactive was founded in Stockholm in 2010.