Come and work at the good times factory!
MAG Interactive is a veteran in mobile gaming, with over 350 million total installs, made possible by a small but dedicated team based in Stockholm and Brighton. Every game we've released has reached millions of players, and titles such as Ruzzle and WordBrain have been chosen as Best of Google Play and Best Of App Store by Apple and have reached the #1-word game spot in over 100 countries!
We're looking for a driven product manager with a passion for data and a deep understanding of where and how the performance of our games can continually be improved. Your main focus of work will be with the LiveOps team, who are largely based in the Brighton office in the UK. This team currently has a portfolio of 3 games.
Our LiveOps team is growing and we are looking for someone who has solid experience in managing the successful performance of free to play mobile games.
This is a rewarding role for someone who loves to see the impact of their ideas being quickly adapted into our games. You will have the ability to experiment with and see the results of your ideas and suggestions through our players' reactions.
- Have a strong understanding of our live game's KPIs and strive to improve these
- Responsible for several product streams within the games (balancing, economy, events, sales, etc)
- Monitor and study our game event data (with the support of our data team) in order to drive insight into our players’ behaviour and to identify areas for improvement around our game events
- Design strategies within our game events to ensure our players continue to enjoy and return to the game to access the next event in the calendar
- Work closely with our game developers, artists and the rest of the team to ensure ideas are executed well
- Explore and suggest improvements to our games’ meta systems
- Always have an eye on our competitors and research new ideas
- Drive engagement through analysis of the game economy - suggest ideas to positively impact monetization in the game
- Spot those areas which need tweaking or adjusting to gain small wins (every little counts!)
- Suggest A/B tests and report on the results
- Collaborate with and support other teams and share your knowledge across the wider MAG group
- Work closely with our data team
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of experience in mobile free-to-play game product management
- Strong analytical and data modelling skills
- Proven flair for game features and system design
- Ability to inspire and motivate those around them
- Self-starter, able to identify obstacles and work through solutions.
- A keen eye for detail on what looks and feels good.
- Team player who appreciates giving and receiving feedback
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Experience with Unity
- Live Operations experience
What we offer
- Generous bonus program
- Flexible work hours
- Company mobile phone and contract
- Gym allowance
- Favourable pension and insurance package
- Private Healthcare
- Learning & development budget per employee for courses and professional development
- Enhanced parental leave
- Monthly after work socials
At MAG, we love diversity. We encourage all sorts of people to apply!
We are MAG Interactive – a mobile gaming company built on a wealth of creativity and passion. We thrive on creating quality experiences that make our players want to come back for more. And Players agree! Our games have been downloaded more than 280 million times, and we are proud to say that Ruzzle is one of the most played mobile word games ever made.
We are all part of a creative, positive, and trusting environment where everyone has a sense of ownership over their activities and pride in their work. This open and collaborative working culture at MAG is key to our ability to continuously create top-notch games.